Friday, April 8, 2011

A Weekend Getaway - Part 2

On Saturday, along with visiting Schooner Cove, we also went to a couple of other beaches: Florencia Beach and Long Beach (and they aren't kidding....it is a looong beach).

Florencia Beach had a look-out point which gave a nice view of the big waves....and the tiny little surfer guys in them.
That little black dot is a surfer


Long Beach is such an awesome sandy beach, I'd love to go back in the summer and spend some time there!






Later on that day, after Jonathan had gone back out to surf some more, Edison and I went for a walk around Ucuelet. I knew it was going to rain the next day, so I wanted to get out there and take advantage of the weather while we had it. Of all the days to wear my hair down (instead of in its usual ponytail), this was not the day! The town has some cute little stores, and it was a nice walk; however, it was soooo windy. By the time I got back my hair was one crazy, tangled mess! Here are a few of the pictures I took while we were out on the town:







On Sunday we said goodbye to the sunshine and hello to the usual rain. After I made bacon and eggs in the world's smallest frying pan, Jonathan and I headed in to the town of Tofino to check things out. I would have liked to have walked around the town, but it was raining quite hard. So we drove around and then parked and got out at the stores we wanted to go in. I'm sure the scenery is really nice in Tofino, but unfortunately it was so cloudy it made it hard to see the ocean and mountains. This was the one and only picture I got in town that day:


The only negative part of the weekend was that Edison did not sleep well the whole time we were there. He has two teeth that look really close to breaking through and I think between the teething and the sleeping in a new place, he was thrown off a little. He didn't sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time each night and for some reason he decided that 5am was a good time to wake up for the day. Both days I spent from 5-7am trying to convince him to go back to sleep for a bit. So I was definitely tired by the end of the weekend.

By Monday morning, Jonathan was sore and surfed out. Once Edison was up for the day we started packing, cleaning, and making our way back home. It was a really enjoyable weekend and we are definitely looking forward to going back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment